Accounting Clerk – Temporary
WorkLink Employment Society
|Pay Rate:||$24.08 to $25.66|
|Posted:||November 15, 2022|
|Expires:||December 12, 2022|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a part-time accounting clerk - Westshore Office position with the flexibility to work in either Sooke or Westshore locations as required. This is a term position of up to 15 months covering a maternity leave working up to 28 hours per week (Monday to Thursday) allowing for work/ life balance. Providing support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; at a pay rate in the range of $24.08 to $25.66 per hour.
About The Society:
WorkLink has provided government-sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal, and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Sou-ke, and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement.
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About The Position:
The Accounting Clerk works as a member of the finance team under the direct supervision of the Controller. In addition, team members work closely with the quality assurance team to ensure all data entry and financial tracking meet funder requirements and standards.
Key duties for this position include:
- Act as a backup for other finance team members during absences
- Assist in the day-to-day financial accounting processes and applications.
- Assist in the reconciliation of various accounts (living support, transportation, tuition, etc.) monthly.
- Assist in the maintenance of complete financial records and client financial documentation including regular filing.
- Enter data into the Integrated Case Management System (ICM) and scan and upload supporting documentation as necessary.
- Reconcile bank statements and credit card accounts monthly.
- Support the completion of employee payroll, client support, and accounts receivable/payable.
- Team members ensure all service delivery channels are utilized in their roles and collectively, undertake the following departmental objectives:
- Actively use accounting/in-house tracking systems to extract data for monthly reports/specific projects for the department
- Develop reporting tools to assist management in budgeting analysis and verify data collection methods
- Support the client service delivery team in the administrative use of accounting and receipt collection
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work as a team and within deadlines
- Experience with basic accounting responsibilities; accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Must have knowledge and experience with Excel and accounting software (Sage 300)
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Personal Vehicle and valid BC Driver’s license
- Post-Secondary education finance, PEP enrolment, or a suitable combination of education and experience in Finance is required.
To apply for this position:
- Please submit your cover letter and resumé as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain in effect until the position is filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WorkLink values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized and respected while utilizing each person’s talents and strengths.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!