Community Resource Centre Specialist – Temporary
WorkLink Employment Society
|Pay Rate:||$27.49 to $28.31|
|Posted:||November 7, 2022|
|Expires:||November 21, 2022|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting for the Community Resource Centre Specialist position in our Sooke Office with flexibility to work in either Sooke or Westshore locations as required. This is a term position for the delivery of WorkBC Services as a temporary 6 month positing with a possibility of extension. Working up to 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) providing support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; with a salary range of $27.49 to $28.31 hourly.
About the Society:
WorkLink has provided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community. We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About the Position:
The Community Resource Centre Specialist works as a key member of the client services team to support clients who access our services. The Community Resource Centre Specialist helps to ensure that all clients will have access to WorkLink and WorkBC high quality services.
Key duties for this position include:
- Assist clients in the Resource Centre with registration and applications to WorkBC Employment Services.
- Check on-line client requests and registrations and complete administrative tasks related to Client intake/appointments.
- Ensure the client resource area includes internet access; career exploration/labour market information; job search resources; job listings; static webinars; self-assessment tools; etc.
- Maintain and organize resources/information for community agencies, employment assistance services, educational institutions, and training providers.
- Process client case transfer requests, scan, and upload documents into client case files.
- Resolve client service issues both in person and in the virtual environment as required.
- Use databases to process & schedule all applications for service and appointments for Case Management/Self-Serve clients.
- Welcome, greet, and direct visitors and clients to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment,
- Ability to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills, and initiative,
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL), computer fundamentals and advanced internet use for career searches.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience providing customer service, assisting clients in navigating through detailed information
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with individuals with barriers to success.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check; and valid BC Driver’s licence
- Post-Secondary education in the Social Service Sector or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain in effect until the positions are filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.