Digital Duos Program Facilitator
WorkLink Employment Society
|Location:||Langford and Sooke|
|Posted:||April 21, 2023|
|Expires:||May 25, 2023|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a part-time Digital Duos Facilitator (contract term position) for eight (8) months with the flexibility to work in Metchosin, Sooke or Westshore as required during the evenings. Deliver a total of four (4) cohort sessions over an eight (8) month period (2 months summer break between cohorts) based on the following $8,100.00 contract value: wages ($7,000.00), cohort preparation time ($753.00), transportation ($350.00). All program specific material and supplies will be provided by WorkLink. Please note, all cohort sessions will be delivered in person and not online or virtually at this time.
About The Position / Program:
The Digital Duos Facilitator works as a member of the Employment Services team under the direct supervision of the Contract Manager. Acting as the subject matter expert, facilitating a five-week pairing program of Seniors 55+ with a tech-savvy volunteer to guide them, increasing digital literacy through technology mentoring. include:
- To bridge an existing generational gap between the senior (age 55+) and tech savvy volunteers (age 15-50) population. A group of seniors will be supported by tech savvy volunteers. Seniors will share their life experience and advice, while volunteers (aged 15-50) will exchange technology knowledge and experience with smart devices, to teach participating seniors.
- To provide exceptional learning opportunities for seniors over 5–6 weeks and beyond. Project activities include collaboration with chosen partners in high schools, private learning centres, colleges and universities - to help recruit younger volunteer mentors to be matched with seniors.
- To supply new smart technology devices, data services and technology training to each mentor participant addressing the need for improved connectivity and affordability for both seniors and younger volunteers, who would not otherwise be able to afford to buy their own devices or data service.
- Satisfied participants from collaborative effort resulting in narrowing an existing generational gap between senior and youth. Improved intergenerational social skills, social connections using technology and resulting long-term relationships, greater access for both seniors’/youth to intergenerational support through building of team and community
- Increased socialization of seniors connecting with younger volunteers both in person/online. Seniors introduced to technology and peer support to get better connected/share information. Enhanced learning abilities of vulnerable populations via facilitated partnerships and peer learning
- Personal ownership of Smart technology device and Wi-fi service - Increased knowledge about securing devices and safety for seniors online - Learning hands-on how to make connections using technology and current apps - Improved socialization, connectivity and communication with a variety of mediums.
Key duties for this position include:
- Ability to create/cultivate a safe/exciting setting.
- Clear understanding of the program’s objectives.
- Complete reports at the completion of each cohort group.
- Encouraging respect for ideas voiced.
- Follow a set curriculum and program schedule.
- Fostering team collaboration, conflict resolution, and decision making.
- Maintain confidentiality/organization of records.
- Organizing/preparing cohort sessions
- Planning, guiding, and managing workshop materials.
- Providing post-workshop follow-up reports.
- Responsible for recruiting participants and mentors.
- Responsible for set up/take down before and after each cohort session.
- Take the lead in ensuring all program objectives and anticipated results are met.
- Work with the WorkLink, Technology Assistant, to ensure all technology is prepared and tracked.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to show empathy and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology/security.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to receive and implement feedback.
- Excellent time management/administrative skills.
- Exceptional facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, word, etc.
- The ability to exhibit high energy and motivate and inspire others.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as one PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line.