Help Desk / Technology Support Specialist
WorkLink Employment Society
|Pay Rate:||$26.76 to $28.36|
|Job Type:||Full Time
|Posted:||September 22, 2022|
|Expires:||October 21, 2022|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting for the Technology Support Specialist – working primarily in our Westshore Office with flexibility to work in both Sooke and Westshore locations as required. This is a term position pending the renewal of our current contract with the province for the delivery of WorkBC Services working up to 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) providing support to team members in all locations (May be required to work some weekends); with a salary range of $26.76 to $28.36 hourly.
About The Society:
WorkLink has provided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement.
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About The Position:
The Information Technology Specialist works as a member of the information technology team under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Information and Technology. The Specialist is responsible for providing direct support to technology users across the organization. This will include helping setup and update hardware/software, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering questions about hardware/software, and helping users access shared drives and devices. This is essentially an onsite agency wide help desk/technician-based position supporting non-tech savvy to highly efficient tech end users
Key duties for this position include:
- Documenting processes, performing diagnostic tests, installation/maintenance of computers and systems
- Participating in training sessions as required by the company
- Great attitude, must be adaptable when it comes to technology, as well as in their day-to-day routines, show great work ethic, and willingness to learn
- Providing technical and user support by assisting clients and staff in the operation of software/online portals
- Technical Skills: Use of complex databases (MS SQL Preferred); Data analysis and reporting; Computer software such as Microsoft Office 365/2021; and multitask well, working within tight deadlines and clarify priorities as things will overlap
- Troubleshooting hardware to maintaining and installing computer operating systems
- Understanding of accounting Sage 300 programing in order to provide continued support to the accounting department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to determine IT needs and train non-technical end-users, while keeping up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Ability to understand that the uninterrupted functioning of a customer database application to keeping the database optimized, maintaining the network components that the database depends on to function and prioritizes based on their understanding of the core business functions of the organization and act accordingly with no external impetus to do so.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively/effectively with others to share best practices, while enhancing organizational effectiveness
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- Experience in documenting processes/monitoring performance metrics of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Great attitude, work ethic, and willingness to learn/keep up with technological advancements
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis with continuous walking, standing, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Organized, analytical, however, open to alternative approaches and ability to set priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Passion for web technologies, innovation, and information technology security a definite asset.
- Technologically proficient in both PC and Apple (Mac OS) platforms.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience providing technical support to end-users ranging from novice to highly proficient
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check and valid BC Driver’s license
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Network Technician, IT support or a suitable combination of education and experience in IT required (Diploma Preferred)
- Strong skills in Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Calendar, SharePoint
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WorkLink values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized and respected, while utilizing each person’s talents and strengths.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as attachments to email@example.com. This posting will remain in effect until the position is filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Applications/uploaded resumes sent via social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook) will not be accepted.