Wage Subsidy Specialist
WorkLink Employment Society
|Location:||Langford and Sooke|
|Pay Rate:||$28.86 to $29.73|
|Job Type:||Full Time
|Posted:||September 20, 2022|
|Expires:||October 19, 2022|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
The WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a full-time Wage Subsidy Specialist - Flexibility to work in either Sooke or Westshore locations as client need may suggest. This is a term position pending the renewal of our current contract with the province for the delivery of WorkBC Services working up 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) providing support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; at a pay rate in the range of $28.86 to $29.73 hourly.
About The Society: WorkLink has provided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement.
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About The Position:
The Wage Subsidy Specialist primarily supports clients through the WorkBC Employment Services program, while providing expertise and direction to all other WorkLink staffed programs with their wage subsidy program promotions. The Wage Subsidy service provides funding to an eligible employer to subsidize a client’s wage as an incentive for the employer to hire and provide work experience to an eligible client who has been identified as needing work experience. Ensure all service delivery channels are utilized in their roles: Centres; Outreach; and WorkBC Virtual. The Wage Subsidy Specialist must ensure that all clients will have access to high quality services, for which the Ministry Policy will be applied, in the same way, regardless of where and how services are accessed.
Key duties for this position include:
- Act as subject expert on the wage subsidy and assist Case Managers to fill out paperwork.
- Arrange all employer contracts and monitor active agreements every six weeks with at least one on-site visit.
- Delivering wage subsidy orientation and self-marketing workshops (client marketing letters, release of consent, etc.).
- Developing and marketing a wage subsidy program focusing on standards to assess employer eligibility, program promotions, ministry confirmations/approvals, and amendments.
- Developing work experience coaching plans to support clients through the wage subsidy contract period.
- Mediate disputes that may arise between employers and employees.
- Prepare monitor reports and enter ICM (Integrated Case Management) flagging Case Managers on client and contract progress.
- Work as a member of the community relations team to promote Society services/ programs to employers and clients.
- Manage small caseloads dependent on client need
- Perform administrative and operative duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Access, interview, and guide participants.
- Ability to multi-task, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of local labour market.
- Communications and public relations skills.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Knowledge of information management and online reporting systems.
- Professional and responsible with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Superior verbal/written skills, public relations, communication, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org . This posting will remain in effect until the position is filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.