Community Resource Centre Specialist – Hiring Pool
WorkLink Employment Society
|Location:||Langford and Sooke|
|Pay Rate:||$27.49 and $28.31|
|Posted:||April 21, 2023|
|Expires:||June 23, 2023|
Are you passionate about making a difference?
WorkLink Employment Society is looking into recruiting a hiring pool for a Community Resource Centre Specialist working in either Sooke or Westshore locations, depending on the need. This is a term position until the end of the existing contract with the province for the delivery of WorkBC Services. The successful candidate will work up to 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with a salary range between $27.49 and $28.31 hourly.
About The Society:
WorkLink has provided government-sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our nonprofit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About The Position:
The Community Resource Centre Specialist works as a key member of the client services team to support clients who access our services. The Community Resource Centre Specialist is responsible for performing a high volume of administrative and clerical tasks within an office setting to support daily operations. Responsible for greeting all clients and visitors of the community, helping to ensure that all clients have access to WorkLink and WorkBC high-quality services.
Key duties for this position include:
- Welcome, greet, and direct visitors and clients to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
- Assist clients in the Resource Centre with registration and applications to WorkBC Employment Services.
- Check online client requests and registrations and complete administrative tasks related to Client intake/appointments.
- Use databases to process & schedule all applications for service and appointments for Case Management/Self-Serve clients.
- Resolve client service issues both in person and in the virtual environment as required.
- Maintain and organize resources/information for community agencies, employment assistance services, educational institutions, and training providers.
- Ensure the client resource area includes internet access; career exploration/ labour market information; job search resources; job listings; static webinars; self-assessment tools; etc.
- Operate a multi-lined telephone system or switchboard to answer, screen, and forward telephone calls, take messages and provide information as required,
- Process client case transfer requests, and scan and upload documents into client case files.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Time management skills to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks throughout the day, manage tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, including Excel, Adobe, Word, and Outlook and advanced internet use for career searches
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Preference is given to those with Integrated Case Management (ICM) knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment,
- Excellent Verbal and written communication problem-solving, and initiative skills to interact clearly with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Patience and listening skills to respond appropriately and interact positively with clients.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation strategies
- Organization skills to keep accurate records and find important information quickly with a strong ability to work with large amounts of data
- Post-Secondary education in the Social Service Sector or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office 365 products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience providing customer service, assisting clients in navigating through detailed information
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with individuals with barriers to success.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check; and valid BC Driver’s licence
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain in effect until the positions are filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.