Technology Support Specialist
WorkLink Employment Society
|Location:||Langford - #202- 3179 Jacklin Rd|
|Pay Rate:||$25.98 to $26.76|
|Job Type:||Full Time
|Expires:||July 18, 2022|
WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting for the Technology Support Specialist – working in Westshore Office with flexibility to work in either Sooke or Westshore locations as required. This is a term position pending the renewal of our current contract with the province for the delivery of WorkBC Services working up to 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) providing support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; with a salary range of $25.98 to $26.76 hourly.
About The Society:
WorkLink has pprovided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement.
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Pets in the workplace
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance options
About The Position:
The IT Technology Support Specialist works as a member of the information technology team under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Information and Technology. The IT Technology Support Specialist is responsible for supporting all staff with their department’s technical needs both in office and off-site technical requirements.
Key duties for this position include:
- A strong technical aptitude and general interest in the field
- Installation and maintenance of computers and systems
- Participating in training sessions as required by the company
- Providing technical and user support by assisting clients and staff in the operation of software
- Troubleshooting hardware to maintaining and installing computer operating systems
- Great attitude, work ethic, and willingness to learn
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to share best practices that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated Technical Skills: Use of complex databases, Data analysis and reporting, Computer software – Microsoft Office 365/2021, Multitask well, work with tight deadlines and clarify priorities as things will overlap
- Exemplary communication and customer service skills, written and oral.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis with continuous walking, standing, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Organized, analytical, however, open to alternative approaches and ability to set priorities in a fastpaced work environment.
- Passion for web technologies and innovation
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Network Technician, IT support or a suitable combination of education and experience in IT required
- Strong skills in Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Calendar, SharePoint
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience providing customer service, assisting individuals in navigating through detailed information
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check ▪ Personal Vehicle and valid BC Driver’s licence
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé as attachments to email@example.com. This posting will remain in effect until the position is filled. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.